With over 6,000 acres of fishing, boating and other exceptional outdoor recreation, Lake LBJ is a true fresh-water playground. Lake LBJ is considered among the most scenic of the Highland Lakes chain.
Members of Escondido will find an exceptional variety of recreational opportunities as well as shopping and dining options in the local lakeside towns and resorts including:
Lake LBJ is well-known for its world-class bass fishing, and it offers one of the best White Crappie populations in the Highland Lakes. Guide service can be arranged through the Escondido Lake Club.
The Texas Hill Country is renowned for its quality hunting opportunities, ranging from white-tailed deer and feral hogs to wild turkey and wing shooting of migratory and native game birds. Guide services can be arranged through the Escondido Lake Club.
There are numerous parks that are ideal for camping, hiking, swimming, and picnicking. These include:
- Granite Beach Water Park – Offers marina, picnic spots, restaurant, beach toys, water trampoline, superslide and more.
- Nightengale Archaeological Center – Working prehistoric site offering seasonal guided tours and educational exhibits.
- Balconies Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge – 46,000 acres of protected land featuring wildlife and wildflower tours, trails and photography opportunities.
- Adam Johnson and Lakeside Park – These two adjacent parks operated by the City of Marble Falls offering picnicking, numerous shade trees and playscape.
- Lyndon B. Johnson State Historical Park – Preserving President Johnson’s “Texas White House” also provides access to Sauer-Beckman 1850s Farm.
The Texas Hill Country is proud of its award-winning wines and charming wineries. Ask the Escondido team for recommendations to suit your tastes and interests.
Music is an integral part of the Hill Country lifestyle. Venues around Lake LBJ draw popular local and national musicians on a regular basis. Among our favorites are:
- Angel’s Ice House – Live music most every Friday and Saturday night. Relaxed family-friendly atmosphere near Spicewood.
- River City Grille – Live Music on Tuesday and Saturday on the covered deck overlooking Lake Marble Falls.
- Uptown Marble Theater – Historic theater in Marble Falls. Live music every weekend.